Considering of developing a catchy website for your business? CMS (content management system) web application is the best option to do much more than just posting articles such as creating, managing or editing website. Especially newbies can edit the site in the way they want without the support of web developer for coding. There are hundreds of CMS platforms out there with their own pros and cons. Out of many Joomla and WordPress have made their mark with their flexibility to use, learn and do lot more on your website.
Both open sourced platforms are known to support search engine optimized highly secured and functional sites.
- A community type portal available from the year 2005 helps in generating useful apps and web content.
- It’s well organized built-in editor helps to display any type of content flexibly
- Doesn’t require any third-party plugin for polyglot support
- In-built content management systems, content and catchy dashboard with lot of options
- Availability of various templates to display the website in the style you want
- When comes to security, it has its own set of security extensions
- As per the sources it has the market share of 6.3% with more than 93 million times downloading
- Based on PHP and SQL database
- Opted mainly for more complex web projects
- Takes longer time for installation
- Preferred mostly by e-commerce and content-based websites
- It’s a blog focused.
- Easy to use especially for novice
- lack secure socket layer so rely mainly on plugins.
- This CMS packs less options for building multi-language websites & social networking platforms
- Helps in enhancing SEO score with incredibly popular Yoast SEO plugin for editing meta descriptions on the front end and more
- Hardly takes five to ten minutes for installation
- Helps in changing the appearance of the website with the available themes.
- Has more than 38000 plugins to make the site more awesome
- There is no inbuilt option for language settings, need to use plugin for transforming the website to multilingual one
- More stable and Novice friendly
- Has tens of thousands of extensions for improving the website performance
- Less coding with less time for loading the files
After having quick glance at the above given information, we can conclude that WordPress is easier to understand and easy to setup than Joomla. Also, it offers more number of features than the other CMS platforms.